For this assignment, we had to look for job postings that we would be interested in and determine what the technology requirements were for the job. I did find a few that did not have requirements listed but the other jobs did have a few basic skills.
Here is what I found in the Grand Rapids area:
Job Search Result #1
- Specialist, Community Engagement
- Spartan Nash
- Experience working with the media and effective social media skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Client management and/or fundraising software knowledge a plus. Photography and vidoegraphy skills, including video editing a plus.
Job Search Result #2
- Fundraising Campaign Specialist
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels as well as Excellent MS Office Suite and database management skills required.
Job Search Result #3
- Marketing Assistant Manager
- Avalon Building Concepts
- Candidates should possess basic computer/office skills.
Job Search Result #4
- Life Engagement Specialist/Concierge
- Vista Springs Northview
- This job posting did not include any technology requirements but more emphasized the soft skills and physical requirements.
Job Search Result #5
- Activities Assistant
- Whispering Woods Assisted Living Community
- This job posting did not include any technology requirements but more emphasized the soft skills such as communication skills and maintaining relationships.